Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Interactive White Board


To be honest, I have always been hesitant to use a Smart Board. I am nervous to rely on technology for a lesson and I am nervous of personally messing up the lesson because of my lack of confidence with technology. However, I was really inspired by class on October 17th. I am still nervous in using Smart Board for lessons, but I certainly see how it is more engaging for the students. I am a grown woman, and I had so much fun standing up there and playing with google Earth. I can certainly begin to see how, in the least, it is motivating and engaging for students to stand up and play around with an interactive white board.

I do have to become more familiar with the lesson planning part before I can fully commit. As teachers, our time is precious. It feels as though every second is spent grading, monitoring, assessing or planning. It is hard to set aside time to construct a lesson plan with an interactive white board, whereas I usually sit down and hand write a lesson plan for the next day. As I said, I certainly see the benefits of creating a more engaging lesson, but I am worried about time management for teachers.

I will let you know how it goes after I plan a few lessons.....

In the meantime, here is a really interesting article on interactive white boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment